Position: Account Executive
Reports to: Vice President Sales
The Account Executive is responsible for selling company products and services. This includes identifying potential customers, initiating a sales relationship, preparing and presenting a solution, and finalizing the sales process. Responsible for making proposals and quoting prices on company products and services. Maintains the existing client base, as well as prospecting new customers. Understands company products and services, as well as those available in the competitive market. Responsible for meeting target sales expectations.
The AE will perform other related work as assigned.
- Establishes, maintains, and develops business with customers and potential customers to enhance the potential for meeting the objectives of maximum profitability and growth through effective sales and services.
- Analyzes customer/competition situations, customer’s business issues and interests, and generate a strategy that will achieve business objectives.
- Develops a Business Plan for area of responsibility that is consistent with short-range and long-range company objectives.
- Ensures strong, effective market share of the products and services by providing direction and information on the products and related services. Develops and maintains technical competency in all products offered including all solutions from represented manufactures as well as professional services supplied by Emgence Technologies.
- Makes telephone calls and presentations to customers and potential customers, consistently adding new prospects and clients.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
- Keeps well informed on industry changes, participates where possible in organizations directly involved with our prime markets, and continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge.
- Keeps advised on company policies, procedures, and objectives, clarifying them with Supervisor when and if questions arise, and is always prepared to accurately discuss these policies to our customers.
- Maintains a sales forecasting capability and an active reporting procedure in accordance with company needs.
Relationships and Roles:
- Embraces the company’s core values of building trusting, valuing others, communicating effectively, driving execution, fostering innovation, focusing on the customer, collaborating with others, solving problems creatively and demonstrating high integrity in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships that align with the company’s core values.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and responsibly in the pursuit of business goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and to see projects through to their intended conclusion.
- Maintains effective time management skills that maximize productivity.
- Five or more years of direct selling experience is required.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent in experience
- Ability to call on and work directly with C level executives in mid to large size businesses
- Strong presentation, verbal and communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated sales ability and technical aptitude is required
- Knowledge and track record of territory development including new business accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is preferred
- Previous experience working in the technology industry is required